Who is ActivBookings
ActivBookings is an online service that enables users to explore, discover, compare, and book experiences and activities. ActivBookings are made available through ActivBookings and ActivBookings affiliated websites.
We gather, process and use personal data only with your consent or when this processing or use is permissible by law. We will only gather, process or use the data which is required for using the site or the data which you provide to us.
Processing and using data
Personal data includes information like your name, your address and email address or your phone number. We gather, process and use the personal data you provided to us when you book a sea experience, for the following purposes:
Booking and execution of the contract:
- Data that you provide when booking, like your name, email address, telephone number and the information provided depending on the services used.
- We gather, process and use transaction data relating to your activities on the websites such as bookings.
- Billing and other data which you specify for the bookings.
- Data which is transmitted as part of chats and correspondence on the website or by email, fax or postal mail.
- Other personal data which we ask you for.
- Data you voluntarily provide us during the registration process.
- If you share personal data for the purpose of establishing contact, we will store this data only for as long as it is required for the purpose of communication. Once the personal data is no longer required, it will be deleted.
- Additionally, we collect anonymous technical data, such as the name of your internet service provider, internet browser and operating system and screen resolution. We also gather data about the websites that directed you to us, the number and date of your visits, your average time on our site and which of our websites you visited. This data is anonymous and exclusively for statistical purposes with the goal of continuing to improve our Website for you.
Transfer of personal data
ActivBookings will only share your personal data with the provider of the service you booked through us. This data may be used by the tour operator for the same purposes as mentioned before under “Processing and using data”. ActivBookings will not share your personal data with other third parties, unless you have previously given your express permission or unless the transmission is required by law. We will not sell your data to third parties. Transfers of data to government authorities is done only within the scope of mandatory legal requirements.
ActivBookings uses Google Maps (“Google Maps API”) which provides you with more information. Certain data may be transmitted to Google when it is being used, but this is done anonymously.
Use of data for marketing purposes
ActivBookings uses your personal data for marketing activities, such as for sending emails, based on your declaration of consent. You may revoke this consent with ActivBookings and the tour operator at any time. All that is necessary is to send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About data collected from mobile devices
When you access one of our web pages optimized for mobile devices, we may gather information about you and your mobile device. This may include data about your location. We use this information to provide location-based services such as personalized content for you if approved by you and your device. You can control or disable location services in the settings menu of your mobile device. For questions about how to disable location services on your device, we advise you to contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device.
Right of access, rectification, deletion
You have the right to receive information about your personal data stored with us, at any time. If your data is stored incorrectly, we will gladly correct or delete it. In addition to that, you have the right to have all your data deleted from our database. Feel free to inform us of any changes to your data, at any time.